How are Tostadas prepared?
Tostadas are my best go to meals on a lazy day. It’s is a Mexican dish usually made with crispy fried tortillas with a lot of toppings. Tostadas became a delicious and hearty way to extend and make use of leftover tortillas which were no longer fresh enough to fold for tacos but still fresh enough to be eaten. For me, it’s like an open faced sandwich where instead of bread we use tortilla.
Usually these are prepared using corn tortilla, however, I have given it a twist and prepared it using Ragi Roti or Ragi Tortilla. Ragi is also know as Finger Millet which a rich source of fibre and helps lower cholesterol level and also helps in weight loss.
Why Pesto Chicken Tostadas?
Pesto Chicken Tostadas is an asbsolutely healthy and yummy recipe which calls for some boiled chicken mixed with pesto, veggies topped on a toasted Ragi Chapati. To add some seasoning, I’ve used Mexican spice that takes this dish to absolutely another level making it even more delicious giving it a Mexican touch. Ofcourse, you can feel free to use any chapati or tortillas you have available at home.
You may also want to check some of my popular recipes I have listed below:
Let’s get started with the easy peazzy recipe for Pesto Chicken Tostadas.
- 2 leftover ragi chapati / tortilla
- 1 cup boiled chicken, shredded or sliced into small pieces
- 2 tbsp pesto (homemade or ready made)
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 cup mix of chopped lettuce, bell peppers
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning
- In a bowl, mix chicken with pesto and keep aside
- Heat a pan and toast the chapati or tortillas till crisp from both sides. If you wish you can apply some oil or butter on each side.
- To assemble, spread mayo on the chapati, add some pesto chicken and lettuce with bell peppers and sprinkle some Mexican seasoning.
- Garnish and serve
If you’ve liked my Pesto Chicken Tostada or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST
Share this recipe:
I’d Love to Hear from you, do leave your comments in the comment section below and don’t forget to subscribe to my blog for latest posts!!
Some More Chicken Recipes You Must Try:
- Delicious Baked Cheese Cups
- Delicious Cheesy Chicken Fries
- Awesome Oven Baked Chicken
- Mexican Enchiladas
- Delicious Homemade Cheesy Hash Brown Bites
Thank you! I’m glad you liked it. 🙂
This is superb recipe, absolutely delicious
Thank you so much 🙂
Woww,that’s so yummy 😋😋😋😋😋