Follow us on:
I’m a fan of the Indian delicacy, Hara Bhara Kebabs which is a popular starter in almost all the restaurants and even in Indian Homes. As the name suggests Hara, means green color, the main ingredients used to prepare this recipe are all green vegetables like spinach, french beans, green peas mixed together with seasonings, adding some stuffing like paneer, dry fruits or cheese followed by deep or shallow frying it.
Being inspired with these kebabs, I tried my hands on to make Baked Cheese Cups, which is a baked version and quite similar to the Hara Bhara Kebabs. Ofcourse, they are not deep fried, but you can shallow fry the or cook it on a pan with very little oil or butter.
Also Read some of my popular recipes below:
Made in no time with few simple ingredients that are easily available at home, these Cheese Cups are super delicious to snack on either as a starter or an evening snack.
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 big grated boiled potato
- 1/4th tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp maida or corn flour
- 2 tsp bread crumbs
- Salt per taste
For the Filling :
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions and capsicum
- 1/2 cup paneer chopped in small cubes
- 1/2 cup american corn
- 2 cheese cubes grated
- 1/2 tsp onion garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dry basil flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt per taste
- 1 tsp Oil and 1 tsp Butter for greasing/cooking
- Non Stick Muffin Mould
- Blanche spinach and green peas and blend it to a smooth paste.
- Remove in a bowl and add grated potato, pepper powder, maida and salt.
- For binding add maida/cornflour and breadcrumbs and mix everything well.
- If your mixture feels wet and lose, feel free to add little maida/cornflour or breadcrumbs.
- Grease the muffin mould with some oil or butter.
- With the help of a spoon add small portions of this mixture to the muffin mould and make a cavity in the centre to shape like a small cup. Similarly fill all cavities.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile in another bowl, mix all ingredients for the filling and keep half of the cheese aside.
- Once the cups are baked, allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the filling, top it up with the remaining cheese and bake for another 10 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
- If you wish to have a crispier base, heat a pan and add some oil and butter and place the cheese cups. Cover and cook on a low flame till the cheese melts.
- Baked Cheese Cups are ready, garnish with red chilli flakes, oregano and coriander and serve hot!!
Share this recipe:
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST
Don’t miss to check below for some more recipes for dips and chutney’s:
Never Miss a Post !! Follow Me on Instagram : @letstossncook