Watermelon is one fruit that is available almost throughout the year. It’s a sweet and refreshing low calorie best summer fruit. It is one of the versatile fruits that can be used to prepare fruit salad, shakes, ice cream and these days even used in cakes.
What are Watermelon coolers?
Watermelon cooler is a 3 ingredient summer drink that is not only refreshing but also quite filling. If you’re short in time, this drink is a convenient on-the-go breakfast, snack, or an evening beverage, and there are no limits to what you can add to one.
Since watermelon have 90 percent water content, they are low in calories and are a good source of vitamins C and B.
Watermelon Cooler Recipe
- 1 bowl deseeded watermelon wedges
- 1/2 cup rose syrup/rooh afza
- 1/2 litre whole milk
- Ice cubes
- Pound the watermelon in a big bowl. I like it little chunky hence I prefer pounding than using a blender.
- To this add rose syrup/rooh afza and milk and mix everything well.
- Add the ice cubes and serve chilled in a glass.
If you prefer, you could also use a blender by simply adding all above ingredients and blending it until smooth.
Share this recipe
Don’t miss to check below for some more recipes for shakes and beverages: