How good is Spinach Ravioli in Mushroom sauce?
Spinach Ravioli in Creamy Mushroom Sauce is a creamy, smooth, garlicky, comfort treat of a meal. One bite and you’ll never want your ravioli any other way! Ravioli is a type of pasta with a filling inside. It could be a filling of meat, cheese, mushrooms, olive or even spinach and tomatoes. I got my hands on these ready packet of Spinach Ravioli while my grocery shopping and I was quite excited about it as it was a long wait to get one.
It was a Friday evening and I planned to make our weekend meal (yes Friday is a weekend here) which is Grilled Chicken and this time I also decided to make some ravioli along with it. Grilled Chicken in various forms is one of our go to meal on most of the weekends. Along side I also throw in some baby corns and mushrooms to grill with along side the chicken. Ohh! I love mushrooms and use them for every other dish I prepare. If you love mushrooms, pasta and chicken dishes as much as I do, then you’ll want to bookmark these dishes for your weekly meal :
- Chicken Duxelles
- Butter Garlic Spaghetti
- Schezwan Fusilli Pasta
- Stuffed Grilled Chicken Pockets
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Red Hot Chicken Wings
This recipe for Spinach Ravioli in Creamy Mushroom Sauce calls for a packet of spinach ravioli which I have boiled in water and it does not take as long as other pastas, 3 to 4 minutes is all that it takes served with some creamy mushroom sauce prepared in butter with some fresh white mushrooms, cooking creme with a wonderful flavor of garlic.
Ingredients for Ravioli:
- 1 packet of Spinach Ravioli
- A pan or pot of boiling water ( I have used a pan)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
Boil some water in a pan, add salt and oil to it. Reduce the flame and add ravioli to this. Allow it to cook for 3 to 4 minutes and drain the water once done. Remove it in a strainer and run it under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drizzle some oil and mix, this will just prevent it from sticking to each other.
Ingredients for Creamy Mushroom Sauce:
- 1 packet of thinly sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp minced or chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock or a stock cube
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1 cup cooking creme
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp oregano and red chilli flakes
- Salt as desired
- Parsley for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan, add butter to it.
- Once butter melts, add minced garlic and saute for few seconds till it gets aromatic. We don’t need to turn it brown.
- Add mushrooms and saute till they turn soft. The aroma or garlic and mushrooms cooked together is absolutely irresistible.
- Add cooking creme and vegetable stock and let it simmer for three to four minutes.
- Give it a boil (if you feel the sauce is a little thick for you, feel free to add little milk to adjust the consistency) and add ravioli and olives to this. Lightly mix till coated well.
- Spinach Ravioli in Creamy Mushroom Sauce is ready! Garnish and Serve hot to enjoy!!
4 Comments Add yours
Thank you 😊
Didn’t use the full one teaspoon of red pepper flakes and still very spicy. Sauced and picking up very well either
Thank for trying the recipe Laura. 1 tsp of mixed red chilli flakes and oregano is recommended for this recipe 🙂