What are Chicken Duxelles?
Chicken Duxelles are tender, juicy chicken breasts stuffed with Duxelles. Duxelles are finely chopped or minced mushrooms which as used as a filling to any dish. I had prepared this recipe for one of my Live events for Book My Show and my Toss N Cook Facebook page. I was nervous yet excited at the same time but all my nervousness disappeared after all the love and appreciation from my viewers.
In this recipe I have used hasselback chicken. Hasselback is technique to cut the chicken where you make slits on the thick part of the chicken breast. Cut parallel slices down the length of each chicken breast making sure you do not cut it completely through as we need to fill the stuffing to it. This one’s an amazing recipe which can be served as an appetizer or just served as a meal itself with some sauce or dip.
I have shared the link for my recipe for Mushroom Duxelles towards the end of this post.
Ingredients for chicken marination:
- 2 pieces of chicken breasts washed and cleaned
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp peri peri powder
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp bbq seasoning
- salt per taste
- 1 cup duxelles
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs
- 1 tsp dried basil and thyme
- Cut parallel slices/slits down the length of each chicken breast making sure you do not cut it completely through.
- Melt butter and add all the seasonings for marination to it.
- Evenly apply this mixture to the chicken and let it sit aside for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Meanwhile, add some fresh cream and herbs to the duxelles and mix well.
- Carefully start to fill the hasselback chicken with the duxelle mixture.
- Heat a grilled pan, add some butter or oil to it.
- Place the chicken on the grill pan facing filling side up and cook the bottom side.
- After five minutes, place the pan to your pre heated oven and bake for ten minutes at 180 degrees or until done.
- Chicken Duxelles are now ready.
- Carefully remove, garnish and serve hot with any sauce or dip of your choice.
Get my recipe for Mushroom Duxelles.
You can also choose to bake the chicken breasts directly in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for around 40 minutes or until done.
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST