What is Sandwich Uttapam?
Sandwich Uttapam makes a healthy breakfast or a tea time snack.
Been craving to eat uttapam I finally decided to treat myself with some quick and instant healthy breakfast. You can also have this over lunch or dinner as it is super healthy and delicious and filling at the same time.
Honestly sandwich uttapam brings back my childhood memories when my dad took us to this famous dosawala almost every weekend at Babulnath in Mumbai.
I have prepared an instant batter with grinding poha, oats and rava together and sandwiched some tomatoes..onions and capsicum with some masala between two uttapam cooked together!!!! Trust me it tastes better than a regular uttapam.
A healthy start to a wonderful morning…
Ingredients for grinding:
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup rava
- 1/2 cup poha
Ingredients for filling:
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 finely chopped capsicum
- 2 – 3 finely chopped green chillies
Seasonings & Spices:
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala
- Salt as required
- 1 1/2 tbsp thick curd at room temperature
- Salt as required
- Water as required to make batter
- Coriander for garnish
- Ghee / butter / oil for cooking
- Grind together all ingredients listed above for grinding and remove in a bowl.
- Add curd and little water and mix well. Allow it to rest for around fifteen minutes.
- In a bowl mix together all the dry seasonings & spices.
- Take the batter, add some more water and salt to it and mix together making a medium runny lump free batter. Batter should not be too thick nor too thin.
- On a medium flame, grease a tawa with ghee and add a spoonful of batter. Evenly spread batter for thick uttapam. Do not spread too much else it will become dosa.
- Sprinkle some masala we prepared and add veggies. Carefully and lightly press the veggies on the uttapam.
- Allow it to cook for two minutes. If you wish you can cover and cook, however i did not cover it.
- Now add another layer of batter starting from the sides to the centre makings sure the sides get covered.
- Once done, sprinkle some masala and some ghee.
- Now carefully flip and cook the other side.
- Cook till both sides are done and similarly prepare all.
- Sandwich Uttapam is ready. Garnish and serve hot with green chutney.
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST