Green chutney or Hari chutney is a spicy accompaniment used in Indian dishes and chaats such as bhel puri, sev puri, papdi chaat etc together with meethi chatni which is made out of imli, dates and jaggery. This chutney is made grinding together some coriander, mint leaves, ginger and green chillies. Being an essential part of Indian Cuisine, this chutney can also be served with tikka’s, paratha’s and also used in sandwich’s. Its a super quick mix of few basic ingredients.
- 2 cups of fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves
- 1″ ginger
- 5 – 6 green chillies (can adjust per your spice taste)
- Black salt/kaala namak or regular salt per taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of sugar
- Water as required for grinding
- In a blender or a grinder, add all above ingredients with 2 tbsp water and grind to for a fine paste.
- You can add some more water only if required.
- Green Chutney is ready, remove and store in an airtight jar/container.