What are Quinoa Rice Paper Wraps?
Quinoa Wraps with Chilli Sesame Dip!!
We all love wraps and have often heard of wraps and frankie’s either made from roti or pita breads or maida. For my Corporate Master Chef event, I prepared and showcased a healthier version of these wraps giving it my own twist using Rice Paper and Quinoa filling and I was amazed by how my viewers were in love with my creation.
Rice papers are used mostly in South East Asian Cuisines specially Vietnam. These care also known as Vietnamese Spring Rolls. You can choose to use any vegetables or fruits as a filling. These rice paper wraps come ready made, all you have to do is soak them carefully in warm water so it becomes pliable and easy to wrap. Yes, they are quite sticky and that’s what helps sealing these wraps. You need not use any slurry or water at the edges to wrap these.
Quinoa Rice Paper Wraps make an instant snack if you have these stocked in your pantry cupboard. It also makes a perfect party appetizer. One can get as innovative and creative to wrap these as these are see through wrappers and look really cute. You can choose to shallow fry them, bake them or serve them as is. In this recipe, I have used Quinoa, it being a protein packed grain and rice paper being equally healthy as it is low in fat and calories this dish can be served as a whole meal with a tongue tickling dip!!
- 1 cup boiled Quinoa (1:2 ratio 1 cup Quinoa boiled in 2 cups water)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 – 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup small florets of broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow and red bell peppers
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 cheese cubes
- Salt per taste
Ingredients For wraps:
- 6 sheets of rice paper
- Warm water in a pan
Ingredients For Dip:
- 1 tbsp Chilli Sesame sauce
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp soy sauce (optional)
- Firstly we prepare the dip
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients mentioned above for the dip and set aside.
- For Filling :
- In a pan, melt butter then add chopped garlic and fry till it leaves aroma.
- Add broccoli and and stir fry for 2 minutes. We would want it to be crunchy and not completely cooked.
- Now add remaining vegetables and stir fry for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Now add oregano and chilli flakes and mix well.
- Now add boiled Quinoa and give it a good mix.
- Add salt per taste and mix.
- Once done, allow the filling to cool for a while.
- Once the filling is cooled, grate in the cheese cubes and mix.
- We shall now prepare the wraps.
- Take one wrap at a time and carefully dip it in warm water for a couple of seconds holding one edge of the wrap.
- Place the wrapper on a platform.
- Add a tablespoon of filling or just enough filling that would help wrap the paper tight.
- Now carefully yet tightly folding in the sides, start rolling the wraps.
- Similarly prepare all the wraps.
- Once done, cut into two from the centre, plate it and garnish.
- Delicious Quinoa Wraps are ready to be served with Chilli Sesame Dip!!
You can also check my recipe for Krusty Quinoa Krunch
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST