Table of Contents
What is Krusty Quinoa Krunch?
Krusty Quinoa Krunch…this dessert is very close to my heart as it makes me proud to have created and showcased this recipe for my masterclass at my event Corporate Masterchef at Hexaware, Mumbai. I’d prepared this dessert keeping in mind the festive season of Diwali. It is this time of the year for all of us to forgivingly indulge into sweets and desserts.
As the name suggests, this dessert is Krusty..Krunchy and Quinoaliscious!!! Yes, you guessed it right.. Quinoa is the main ingredient for this dessert layered on some delicious crunch biscuit crumbs. Quinoa is a protein packed ingredient consisting of all nutrients and essential amino acids which is why it is considered very healthy. It’s also very rich in fibre and considered good for weight loss. The base, which is the crunch for this recipe, calls for crumbled oreo biscuits, however you could use any biscuits or your choice.
Today I’m sharing my recipe for my dessert that’s prepared with Quinoa and some basic ingredients which are easily available in our house. It’s easy..quick and with the richness of milkmaid, nutella and the crunch of almonds makes it deliciously indulgent!!
Krusty Quinoa Krunch Recipe
For the base
- 1 packet Oreo biscuits (crushed, removing the cream aside) keep aside 1 tbsp cream for garnishing
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
For the Filling
- 1/2 cup boiled Quinoa
- 2 tbsp milkmaid
- 1 tbsp nutella
- 1 tbsp chopped roasted almonds and half portion of Oreo cream(if required)
- Chocolate sprinkles or sprinkles of choice
- Fresh strawberries or cherries
- In a bowl, mix together boiled quinoa, milkmaid, nutella, roasted almonds and oreo cream.
For the base
- In a bowl mix oreo crumbles, brown sugar and melted butter. Mix till butter is incorporated well and it looks like soil.
- Taste if it is sweet enough to meet your taste buds, else add some more brown sugar.
- Further, take a mould of choice.
- Add a layer of oreo mix and set it well with your fingers or a small spoon per the desired mould shape.
- Now add a layer of quinoa on the oreo base and spread it evenly well.
- Garnish with remaining oreo crumble, chocolate sprinkles and fresh strawberries.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Krusty Quinoa Krunch is ready!! Drizzle some nutella or chocolate sauce and relish your dessert!!
- Ratio for boiling quinoa is 1:2 i.e 1 cup quinoa requires 2 cups of water.
- You may use any sprinkles or fruits to garnish.
- Using milkmaid and nutella helps to bind the base well and enhances the taste of this dessert.
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST
Subscribe for more posts like this