Table of Contents
How to make Rava Cake?
Baking is Bliss!! It is so much fun to prep up for cakes or cookies and then watch them bake. The excitement never ends and the aroma of these bakes just makes you happier. Today I’m sharing my recipe for Semolina Cake or Rava Cake.
Semolina Cake is a very simple yet delicious cake and best part it it has very little maida. If you want to avoid using maida or all purpose flour you can definitely skip it. This one makes an amazing tea time cake. I enjoy the brown crust in all my cakes, it just tastes so wow and I can’t stop nibbling on it. You can prepare this cake even for your kitty parties or serve a slice for breakfast, you’ll love it all the time. Sweet and perfectly soft and spongy prepared using rava, curd and milk with flavouring of mixed fruits and baked to perfection!!
Rava Cake | Semolina Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup rava/semolina
- 1/4th cup maida (optional)
- 1/4th cup curd
- 3/4th cup milk
- 2 drops of essence of choice
- Pinch of salt (skip if you’re using salted butter)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- In a bowl, whisk butter and sugar till creamy and fluffy.
- Add curd and half of the milk and continue to whisk
- Add rava, maida, essence and mix well.
- Add remaining milk and blend well to make smooth batter and rest for ten to fifteen minutes.
- You will see rava has soaked all the milk. Add 1 or 2 tbsp or little more milk if needed and mix.
- Now add baking powder and baking soda and mix well.
- Pour in greased baking tin and bake on convection mode or in pre heated oven for 30 – 35 minutes at 180 degree.
- Check at 30 minutes, insert a tooth pick to check. If it comes out clean, your cake is ready.
- Once done, remove the tin and allow it to cool for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Flip it over on a cake stand or a rack and allow to cool completely.
- Semolina Cake is ready!!
- Once cool, cut in slices and serve your delicious Semolina cake!
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST