Table of Contents
What is Dahi Bhalla?
Dahi Bhalla is served as an Indian snack, however at my home this is best enjoyed as an accompaniment with chole bhature.. chana puri… veg pulao and even biryani.
I enjoy the bhallas crispy when assembled with curd, so I prefer not to soak them in water before hand. However one can go ahead and soak them in water for a few minutes after frying them. I’ve used a fifty fifty ratio or soaked urad dal and yellow moong dal to make the batter, you could also use urad dal for this. A perfect summer recipe to prepare as an accompaniment to any of your dish or you could just enjoy this as is.
Dahi Bhalla Recipe
- 1 cup urad day soaked for 5 – 6 hours
- 1 cup moong dal soaked for 5 – 6 hours
- 1 tsp ginger chilli paste
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- Salt per taste
- Oil for frying
- 2 cups whisked curd
- Sugar per sweetness desired
- Red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander for garnish.
Tried my recipe? Do tag me and follow me on Instagram & Facebook
Save my Recipe for Later:
- In a mixie grind both the dals with ginger chilli paste and salt.
- Remove in a bowl and add other seasonings and whisk for five to ten minutes till batter looks nice and fluffy.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Fry the bhallas few at a time till nice and golden brown and remove on a kitchen absorbent.
- In a bowl, mix sugar with whisked curd and mix till sugar is dissolved.
- Assemble bhalla and sweet curd in a bowl, garnish with red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander and refrigerate it.
- Serve chilled while eating and enjoy with your meals!!!
- I have not soaked the bhallas after frying them,because I prefer them to be little crunchy if eaten immediately. If you wish you could soak them in water till it gets soft before assembling them.
- I have not used meethi or green chutney here. If you wish you may do so and replace sugar with meethi chutney.
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST