Table of Contents
What are Cheese and Veggies Rice Paper Wraps?
Cheese & Veggies Rice Paper Wraps makes a delicious snack or a starter for which I have used lots of cream cheese and some veggies. These cheesy wraps are made from rice paper which is popularly used in Vietnamese cooking. The most famous dish that these are used for is to make spring rolls, but not the fried one’s. One can also choose to shallow fry or grill these which I have shared in this post.
So I had a second session scheduled with Amul for a live cooking and this time it was for mid night snacking which was at 11 pm IST. I was thinking of something that would be a No Cook and a healthy snacking option and what better than using rice paper wraps. I was more excited about showing the different ways to make these wraps look more beautiful and inviting.
What makes Rice paper wraps so special?
The best part is when you soak these rice papers in water, they turn transparent and you could decorate it your way. I would call it decoration as for me it’s more like an art work to make them look more appealing You could add sesame seeds, spinach, lettuce at the base and make it look attractive just like shown in the image below. Apart from veggies, one could also use fruits of choice and drizzle some chocolate sauce….ummmmm.. there’s just no limit to get creative and innovative with it. Non Veg Lovers… feel free to add boiled shredded chicken, cooked shrimps or fish fillet. I have served these wraps with an instant Sriracha Sesame Dip.
I have another recipe for Quinoa Wraps prepared from rice papers. Here I have explained how to use this rice papers. Get my recipe for Quinoa Wraps
Cheese and Veggies Rice Paper Wraps Recipe
- 8 – 10 rice paper wraps
- 1 bowl luke warm water
Ingredients for filling
- 1 cup paneer (grated or cut in small cubes)
- 1 cup Carrot julienne or 5 – 6 baby carrots
- 1 cup boiled corn
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (feel free to add more if you’re a cheese lover)
- 1 tsp peri peri seasoning
- 1/2 tsp of combined dried thyme and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt as desired
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp onion seeds/nigella seeds/ kalaonji/black sesame
- Baby spinach leaves
- Parsley or coriander leaves for greens
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients mentioned for the filling and mix well.
- Take one rice paper at a time and soak in warm water for around twenty thirty seconds holding one end.
- Place the soaked sheet on a platform and sprinkle some seeds.
- Add some greens.
- Place the filling and start to fold starting with bringing the sides in then rolling the wraps.
- Similarly prepare all.
- Cheese & Veggies Rice Paper Wraps are now ready. Serve immediately with a dip of choice.
Prepare the dip mixing together sriracha sauce, sweet chilli garlic sauce and some soy sauce to adjust the consistency. Add some sesame seeds, mix and Sriracha Sesame Dip is ready!!
I also grilled these wraps for the show. Add some butter to a heated grill pan and place the wraps. Cook till both sides are nice and golden.
Grilling or shallow frying these wraps make them crispier. However, I would not recommend deep frying them as they are too soft and might tear unless you are lucky.
For the Rose shape wraps, soak the wrap and cut it in two halves making a D. Place one on top of the other. Place the filling on the straight side ( I ) of the D and fold it in to secure the filling. Then start rolling the wrap from the corner and stick the other end to the bottom of the wrap and you are ready to serve you Rose Shaped Rice Paper Wraps!!
- Make sure to hold one edge of the wrapper while soaking it
- I would recommend these are best when prepared and eaten fresh, however, if you wish you can shallow fry these and stock them in the freezer one or two days prior.
If you like my recipe, please do like & share
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST