Table of Contents
What is Tzatziki? How is Tzatziki Cream Cheese sauce prepared?
Tzatziki cream cheese sauce is a popular Middle Eastern dip or sauce served as an accompaniment to a lot of dishes. One can use herbs of choice like parsley, basil or mint leaves. This sauce is thick and creamy made with Greek yogurt and cucumber however, you can use any yogurt or curd and strain the water off. It is also important to let all the water from the cucumber strain off. Simply wrap it in a cloth and let the water drip or if you are in a rush, squeeze out the water with your hands. Flavours of garlic, dill leaves, salt, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil makes it perfectly soothing and refreshing.
Homemade sauce of Tzatziki recipe cannot be compared to the store brought ones as. Homemade makes a perfect healthy dip that can be served with starters, salads and I also use this as a spread on my toasts, sandwiches, pitas and also with grilled chicken. You can even munch on to some crackers and wedges with this dip.
I had prepared some Sriracha Potatoes (stay tuned for the recipe) and wanted to try something different and not use the regular mayo and ketchup, so I served this with my sauce Tzatziki recipe which is an instant and delicious one. While the potatoes cooked, I quickly prepared this dip. It tastes absolutely yumm as it is, however, I have also added some cream cheese to this sauce, no particular reason, I just got my hands on to the bottle of cream cheese and thought of giving it a try making it a Tzatziki Cream Cheese Sauce. Trust me it turned out to be finger-licking delicious. I’m sure you’re gonna love this dip and it’s going to be a regular one at your home just as it is at mine.
Tzatziki Cream Cheese Recipe | Tzatziki Recipe
- 1 cup full fat greek yogurt or normal strained curd
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 grated cucumber
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dill leaves
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt as desired
- Take a handful of grated cucumber between your palms and squeeze out all water and transfer it to a mixing bowl. Don’t throw the water, you can use it to add it to your juice or while cooking.
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl and stir to blend well. Keep it aside for five to ten minutes for all flavours to blend well.
- You can serve it immediately or let it chill in the refrigerator. You can store Tzatziki sauce upto a week.
- If you do not have greek yogurt, feel free to use curd. Strain it for around an hour till nice and thick.
- Cream cheese is optional, one can skip it.
- You can use herbs of your choice and make it more flavorful.
- Tzatziki can be refrigerated and stored upto a week.
Share this recipe
Follow me on social media
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST