Mexican Salsa also instant salsa, is an amazing recipe if you are looking for something instant yet delicious to serve with some nachos, fries, tostada or quesadillas. This is The Best Homemade Salsa Recipe around because it is healthy and quick to make.
I personally prefer using fresh ingredients for my Salsa, however one can used canned ingredients too, it will taste just as good. You can adjust the quantities as per your taste depending if you like it on a sweeter side or spicier.
Instant Salsa calls for fresh tomatoes, onions, capsicum and chillies or jalapenos. If you do not have white onions, using red onions is perfectly fine. If you like your salsa creamy or like a texture of a sauce, you can add some ketchup and chilli sauce. I like it a little chunky and so I have skipped using any sauce. The best way to do this is using a food processor but if you don’t have one use a knife and chop everything fine.
Table of Contents
Instant Salsa – The Best Homemade Salsa Recipe
- 2 roughly chopped tomatoes
- 1 roughly chopped onion
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves
- 2 – 3 green chillies or jalapenos depending on the spice level
- 1/2 cup chopped capsicum
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or paprika
- 2 – 3 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional, depending on sourness of tomatoes)
- Parsley or Coriander (I have used dried parsley flakes)
- Salt per taste
- Mix all above ingredients in a food processor till finely chopped and well combined.
- If you do not have a food processor, finely chop all the veggies. Add it to a mixing bowl and combine well with all seasonings.
- Delicious Instant Salsa is ready to serve.
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.