Table of Contents
What is Soya Chilli made of?
Soya Chilli is a protein packed indo chinese starter made with soya bean chunks or nuggets. Soya chunks are known for its various health benefits and are very high in proteins. Soya chucks being absolutely nutritious, is a very popular and versatile ingredient used in Indian Cooking.
Soya is mostly used to prepare gravies and curries, however now a days it is also popularly being used in preparing starters, snacks, cutlets and much more. You may also want to check my recipes below prepared using Soya:
Soya & Spinach Kebabs which is a delicious, healthy and a nutritious vegetarian snack.
Paneer & Soya Patties which is another delicious melt in the mouth recipe for patties.
This recipe of Soya Chilli | Soyabean Chilli is an Indo Chinese dish which is very easy to make and can be served as a starter with rice or noodles or you can enjoy it as is. If you like soya just like I do, I’m sure you’re going to love this recipe. I have also shared a quick video for this recipe you may want to check.
Soya Chilli Recipe Video
Soya Chilli Recipe | Soyabean Chilli Recipe
- 1 cup soya chunks preferably Nutrela
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour/maida
- 1/2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 diced onion
- 2 chopped spring onions separating the white and greens
- 8 – 10 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger or ginger paste
- 1 cup diced capsicum
- 1 diced celery stick (optional)
- 1 tbsp red chilli garlic paste
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sweet garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt per taste
- Oil for frying and cooking
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Boil nutrela soya chunks in 2 cups of water. Once done, drain the water. Squeeze out all the water from the soya and remove it in a separate bowl.
- Add all purpose flour, corn flour, 1 tsp red chilli powder, salt per taste and mix well till soya is coated
- On medium high gas, heat oil in a deep pan, slowly add the coated soya chunks and fry till looks golden and crispy. When done, remove on a kitchen absorbent.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium gas, add 2-3 tbsp of oil and sesame oil.
- Add garlic, ginger, diced onions, spring onion whites and fry for few seconds or till fragrant.
- Saute for around 5-6 minutes or so.
- Add red chilli powder, red chilli garlic paste, soy sauce, sugar and mix well.
- Add very little water if needed cook this paste for around 4- 5 minutes.
- Turn the gas high, add capsicum, celery stick and let is cook for around 2 minutes. Don’t let it loose the crunch.
- Now, add in the fried soya chunks, salt per taste and mix everything till soya is coated well.
- Add some sweet garlic sauce, greens and mix.
- Soya Chilli is ready!! Serve hot and enjoy with garlic rice or noodles or just as is!!!
Note: If you want to avoid too much oil, skip the step to coat and deep fry soya chunks, just add them boiled after draining out the water.
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST
Share this recipe
Subscribe for more posts like this