Air fryer chicken meatballs are my family favorite as they’re so versatile. These can be prepared in less than 30 minutes!
This recipe for air fried chicken meatballs makes perfect, delicious and juicy chicken meatballs, ideal for quick weeknight dinner or a party snack.
Table of Contents
Why prepare chicken meatballs in an air fryer?
We all know how magical air fryers are! I prepare most of my weekday and weeknight meals in my air fryer as it’s less time consuming and you can enjoy guilt free healthy meals too.
These delicious air fryer chicken meatballs are perfectly cooked when air fried in just 20 minutes. They are perfectly crispy and golden on the outside while keeping it tender and juicy in the inside. Unlike the one’s prepared on the gas or stove top which some times get flattened on the side touching the pan.
If you too want to enjoy some delicious and guilt free food, check out some of my popular air fryer recipes below.
- Air Fryer Puff Pastry
- Air Fryer Chicken Fingers
- Air Fryer Glazed Chicken Balls
- Quick Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Fish
Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs Recipe
Cooking Level: Beginner/ Easy
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Note: The below nutritional information is an estimate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients used.
|473 kcal||22.2 g||483 mg||62.5 g||5.7 g||3.7 g||5.1 g|
- 250 grams minced chicken
- 1 whisked egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Lime juice from half a lime
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Greens or chives for garnish
Stay up-to-date with the latest recipes, cooking tips, and food trends by subscribing today!
- Preheat the air-fryer to 180°C (356 F)
- Add in all the above ingredients in a mixing bowl, except for the ones used for garnish. Combine everything well together.
- Grease your palms with some oil, take a heaping tablespoon of the chicken mixture and gently shape them into round balls about 2 inch. Don’t pack the meatballs too tightly, it can make them tough.
- Line your air fryer basket with a baking sheet.
- Pop in the chicken balls into the basket, in an even layer. Do not over crowd the basket.
- Air Fry for 15 minutes at 175°C (347 F). Flip after 8 minutes.
- Check after 12 minutes, if your air fryer has a high power and browns it faster, you may want to check if it’s cooked. (using a meat thermometer checking the internal temperature of 165 F.
- When done, garnish with some greens and serve hot with Green Chutney!!
- Enjoy your homemade air fried chicken meatballs!!!
If you want to glaze these meatballs, you can check my recipe for Air Fryer Glazed Chicken Balls on how to prepare the sauce for glazing. You can glaze these homemade air fried chicken meatballs after 10 minutes of air frying, and pop them back in the air fryer for 5 minutes
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I freeze the chicken meatballs?
Undoubtedly yes! You can freeze them once cooked. Place a single layer on a baking sheet and pop it in your freezer bag. Freeze them for 10 to 15 days. I usually prefer preparing and serving these fresh, but if frozen I would use them within a week.
Remove from the freezer, pop them in a pre heated air fryer for approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
What can I serve with chicken meat balls?
If you’ve liked this Air Fryer recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST