I have recently started to explore my air fryer more and realized cooking has got so convenient. I prepared the delicious Air Fryer Cheesy Chicken Fingers and it was so scrumptious and hassle free.
This time I got my hands onto the puff pastry sheet and thought it would be a great idea to air fry these with the filling of my choice.
I grabbed some vegetables of my choice from the fridge, prepped these up, added to my pastry sheets, air fried it and voila my air fryer puff pastry with spinach and feta was ready in no time!!!
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Puff Pastry with Spinach and Feta Recipe
Cooking Level: Beginner/ Easy
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
Note: The below nutritional information is an estimate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients used.
|1085 kcal||79 g||1659 mg||69 g||3 g||5 g||35 g|
- 2 sliced brown onions
- 300 grams blanched baby spinach or a bunch of spinach blanched and roughly chopped
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- Julienne of 1 red bell pepper
- 50 grams feta cut in small cubes
- 200 grams puff pastry
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 100 grams soft cheese
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard paste
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Flour for rolling the puff pastry
- 200 grams mature cheddar cheese
Stay up-to-date with the latest recipes, cooking tips, and food trends by subscribing today!
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Fry until onions start to caramelize.
- Now add red bell peppers, salt and black pepper powder and stir for 2 minutes. Turn off the gas and and keep this mixture aside.
- Pre-heat your air fryer at 180 degree for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in another bowl, mix together soft cheese, mustard paste and a pinch of salt.
- Dust some flour on your kitchen table or your work station. Roll out the puff pastry to approx 0.5 cm thickness. Cut it vertically from the center into 2 sheets of approx 6 inch each.
- Carefully place the puff pastry sheet on a baking sheet or a parchment paper.
- Add the soft cheese spread prepared earlier, top it with some caramilized onions, bell peppers and blanched spinach.
- Grate some mature cheddar cheese.
- Place the puff pastry with the baking sheet in the pre heated air fryer and air fry it for approximately 7 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Serve hot with some tea or coffee.
- Enjoy your delicious Air Fryer Puff Pastry with Spinach and Feta !!!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Puff Pastry? Why Air Fryer Puff Pastry?
Puff pastry are pastries with many layers of flaky dough. It’s light and crispy when baked and can be used to prepare various sweet and savory recipes. Before baking, the dough is rolled multiple times adding butter to give it multiple layers.
Air Fryer Puff Pastry is easy and quick to make using an air fryer as it’s ready in no time with an amazing flaky crust.
Can you buy ready made puff pastry?
Using ready made puff pastry dough is a blessing and saves a lot of time and efforts. You can use it straightaway, roll it, shape it the way you like and bake it. Get your hands on to the best one as there loads of them available at the supermarkets like Asda and Tesco here in the UK.
Do I need to roll out my puff pastry dough?
Well yes, if you have purchased a puff pastry dough that looks like a block, it should be rolled out to get even thickness. Dusting some flour is recommended as it helps in rolling out the dough. Make sure to read the instructions on the pack you’ve purchased.
How long do I air fry the puff pastry?
It took me 5 minutes to pre-heat my air fryer and another 7 minutes to air fry one puff pastry.
Can I use an oven to bake the puff pastry?
Yes, you can use an oven to bake puff pastry if you’re preparing in bulk. However I prefer using an air fryer as it is less time consuming and gives a nice golden crust to the puff pastries. It turned out to be light, flaky and crispy something I wouldn’t have got in an oven or a convection.
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST