There is no doubt I am now an Air Fryer Fan!! It has made cooking so easy and quick and that has made my life a lot more simpler!!!
Air Fried Cauliflower makes a delicious appetizer or a side. It is marinated and coated with a handful of spices and roasted in an air fryer till cooked well and has crispy edges. It goes well with so many dishes or you can simply enjoy it as it is with a dip or mayo.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
Cooking Level: Beginner/ Easy
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
Note: The below nutritional information is an estimate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients used.
|147 kcal||8 g||417 mg||14 g||6 g||4 g||6 g|
- Cauliflower florets cut in inch size from 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tea spoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon back pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic crumbs or fresh minced garlic
- 1 tea spoon peri peri powder
- Salt as per taste
- Grated mature cheddar and Coriander for garnish
Stay up-to-date with the latest recipes, cooking tips, and food trends by subscribing today!
- Soak cauliflower florets for 15 minutes in hot or warm water adding some salt. After 15 minutes, remove with a spider strainer or frying skimmer in a colander. Throw the water away and rinse cauliflower florets well in running water.
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 180°C (356°F) for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat dry the cauliflower florets with a kitchen absorbent.
- Remove these to a mixing bowl.
- Toss cauliflower florets in all the above ingredients except for cheese and coriander. Mix well till the florets are coated with all the spices.
- Add these marinated cauliflower florets to the air fryer basket, and roast them at 190°C (374°F) for 15 minutes. Check after 12 minutes.
- Once done, garnish with grated cheddar and coriander and serve hot!!
- Enjoy your delicious Air Fryer Cauliflower !!!
Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to Air Fry Cauliflower?
You can either use a whole cauliflower or cut it into inch size florets and roast these. Roasting a whole cauliflower comparatively takes longer than roasting the florets. You can also slice a cauliflower head vertically into four pieces of palm size and air fry them individually. Air frying cauliflower is a quick and easy way to make a delicious and healthy side dish.
How long do I roast the cauliflower in air fry?
Roasting whole cauliflower in air fryer usually takes longer. But if you are following my recipe above, it should take no longer than 15 minutes to air fry these.
How can you clean the cauliflower?
Rinse the whole cauliflower or the florets well. I usually soak cauliflower florets in warm water adding in a little salt and turmeric for 15 minutes and remove it in a colander. Soaking it it warm water, kills and worms or insects in there.
For this cauliflower air fryer recipe, I did not add turmeric while soaking it to avoid it from catching the yellow color. However feel free to do so if you prefer it that way.
Is Air Fryer Cauliflower a vegan recipe?
Well if you avoid adding in grated cheese, this recipe for air fried cauliflower is an absolutely vegan recipe! This recipe can be enjoyed by those who follow vegan diet, as long as you’re using vegan friendly version of ingredients.
Is Air Fried Cauliflower healthy?
Yes, air fryer roasted cauliflower is a nutritious and a healthy recipe prepared using minimum oil. This roasted cauliflower recipe is a healthy addition to your diet with lot of vitamins and minerals. Cauliflower is high is fiber and low in calories which makes you feel full and satisfied. Also, using less cheese in this recipe keeps it low-fat.
What spices can I use to marinate cauliflower?
For this air fryer cauliflower bites, I have used simple ingredients available at home. I have used smoked paprika for the smoky, spicy flavor and red chilli powder for a good color with a kick of garlic and peri peri spice. If you’re not a fan of spicy food, simply skip smoked paprika or reduce the quantity.
If you’ve liked this Air Fryer Cauliflower recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST