Secret to Spaghetti
Spaghetti is one of the most loved Italian Dish and Duxelles are delicious minced mushrooms that can be used to prepare starters or paired up with any main course to make a wonderful dish. Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomato & Duxelles makes an easy weeknight dinner that calls for perfectly tender spaghetti tossed up with sun dried tomatoes and duxelles.
This Spaghetti recipe is prepared with a combination of all wonderful flavors of garlic, mushrooms richness of butter with sundried tomatoes and some parsley used as greens. You can prepare a batch of duxelles and stock it up to use for your dishes or you can also prepare it fresh. You can also read through my recipe for Duxelles. I also have some wonderful recipes for starters and main course using mushrooms which I have listed below:
- 1 packet of spaghetti
- 1/2 cup or 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup duxelles
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oregano (optional)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt per taste
You can check the preparation for Duxelles
- In a large pot of water, add few drops of oil and a tsp of salt and boil pasta as instructed on the packet or till soft enough.
- In a wok or pan, add olive oil and butter and saute minced garlic.
- Add duxelles and sun dried tomatoes and cook for just for a minute or so.
- Add boiled spaghetti and all the seasonings and give it a good toss.
- Mix till everything combines well.
- Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomato & Duxelles is ready. Garnish and serve hot.