Macaroni is something my brother and I have loved since childhood days. Every time I prepare this, it takes me back to my kiddie days where we came back from school and mom served us a yummy delicious plate full of macaroni. Those days it was not something fancy, yet mom’s magic was something that added so much of goodness that made even a simple dish so delicious.
It was to come back from school to get a surprise from mum with some amazing evening snacks she’s prepared for us, and if it was Macaroni, we would endlessly munch on it sharing with her our stories about our day at school.
I call it Fusion Macaroni simply because I use all possible veggies that are stocked up in the fridge and even those few bits that are left over. More the merrier for me as it helps to restock a fresh batch of veggies :P. One can use any veggies of choice that you have available at home.
Pasta Macaroni for me should be a perfect blend of all spices and sauces combined with all exotic vegetables. Not too saucy, yet not too dry. A combination of tomato paste and some cooking creme does all the magic.
One can enjoy Macaroni for evening snacks and/or over lunch or dinner. It’s the best all the time!! If you and your kids are a Macaroni Lover, I’m sure you are going to love this recipe.
- 250gms Macaroni (boiled)
- 6 – 7 chopped garlic
- 3 sprigs of spring onion ( whites and greens chopped separately)
- 1 tsp paprika or red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 celery stem finely chopped
- 7 – 8 chopped white mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers ( I have used red, yellow, green)
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/4th cup ketchup
- 1/4th cup chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup cooking crème
- 1/2 bunch of chopped spinach
- 2 cheese cubes, grated
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt per taste
- Boil Macaroni per instructions on the packet.
- In a wok or pan, heat some oil.
- Add spring onion whites and garlic. Saute for a minute or so on medium flame.
- Add paprika or red chilli powder and black pepper powder and saute for few seconds. Feel free to add little water if it gets too dry.
- Add all the veggies and sauces and mix everything till well combined. Cook for five minutes mixing and stirring continuously.
- Reduce the flame to low and add the boiled macaroni, salt, spinach and cooking crème and mix gently such that the macaroni is coated well.
- Cook for five minutes stirring gently and continuously to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Fusion Macaroni is ready!!!
- Garnish with spring onion greens and grated cheese and serve hot to enjoy!!
Share this recipe:
Sizzled Paneer Spaghetti
Spaghetti has been my all time favourite and most easiest to make specially when your…
Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomato & Duxelles
Spaghetti is one of the most loved Italian Dish and Duxelles are delicious minced mushrooms…
Butter Garlic Spaghetti | Aglio E Olio
Spaghetti is long, thin cylindrical pasta that just resembles noodles. Its a traditional Italian Cuisine…
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST
Never Miss a Post !! Follow Me on Instagram : @letstossncook