Table of Contents
What are Momos?
Momos are steamed dumplings stuffed with veggies, chicken or minced meat. Originated in the regions of South and East Asia, Momos are now a popular Indian street food also served in most of the restaurants.
Momos are basically of two types, steamed and fried which are usually served with a sauce or a dip. There are variety of them that are prepared and served all across the world with a variety or fillings and sauces. Right from veg, chicken, soup to tandoori momos each one has its own wonderful flavor and taste.
I was planning to make them for quite sometime now and I also had some left over Chicken Noodles in my fridge from the previous night. So I decided it would be a good idea to use these as a stuffing for my momos. I usually use noodle stuffings for fried dumplings and spring rolls and this time it was Chicken Noodle Momos – served with Hot Sauce!! This Hot Sauce is also called Sriracha Sauce which is a type of hot sauce or chilli sauce made from chilli peppers. Along with the recipe for Chicken Noodle Momos, I have also shared the recipe for Hot Sauce below.
Chicken Noodle Momos Recipe
For the Dough
- 1 1/2 cup maida / all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt per taste
- Water for kneading
For the Filling:Refer to my recipe for Chicken Noodles
Tried my recipe? Do tag me and follow me on Instagram & Facebook
Save my Recipe for Later:
- Knead a medium soft dough using all ingredients mentioned above for the dough.
- Roll the dough in thin, small circular flat pieces as shown below and add the chicken noodles filling in the centre.
- Cover in a half-moon or crescent shape as shown below.
- Seal the edges, press a little from the centre and join the two corners as in the image below.
- Prepare all dumplings as above.
- Heat water in a pot or a steamer, grease it with some oil just so that they don’t stick to the pan and place all the dumplings on it.
- Steam on a medium flame till done.
- You will know it is done with it starts to look transparent.
- Do not over steam it else it will become chewy.
- Chicken Noodle Momos are ready. Serve hot with any dip or sauce of your choice.
I have serve Chicken Noodle Momos with Hot Sauce.
Hot Sauce | Sriracha Sauce
- 1 cup dry red chillies (deseeded and soaked for an hour)
- 1 cup red jalapeno chillies
- 4 to 5 garlic gloves
- 1 tbsp or more vinegar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- In an blender, add all above ingredients and blend till it makes a smooth paste.
- You can serve this sauce as is or if you want to make it more saucy, add a tbsp of oil to a pan and add 1 tbsp of minced garlic. Saute for few seconds and now add this paste.
- In a cup add 1 tsp corn flour and 2 tbsp water to make a slurry.
- Add this slurry and cook till one boil or till till becomes saucy.
- Hot Sauce is now ready to serve.
- Enjoy with Hot Momos or any starters of your choice.
Share this recipe
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST
Subscribe for more posts like this