Table of Contents
How easy is it to make Chicken Noodles?
Noodles is an essential dish in Chinese cuisine and most enjoyed when prepared the Indo Chinese way. They are often pan-fried or deep-fried and are often served with an accompanying sauce. In India, you will find this dish served in almost all restaurants accompanied by a gravy dish or starters.
Noodles are usually cooked in boiling water, sometimes with cooking oil or salt and tossed with stir fried vegetables with seasonings and sauces of choice. This recipe calls for basic ingredients easily available at home. I have used a packet of Koka noodles I had stocked up to prepare this dish.
Tossed Chicken Noodles Recipe
- 1 packet Noodles (I have used Koka Noodles)
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 1 cup spring onion whites keeping greens aside
- 1 cup finely sliced capsicum
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup carrot julienne
- 2 – 3 slices green chillies
- 3 – 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tsp grated ginger or 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp onion garlic powder
- 1 cup boneless chicken cut into small cubes
- 3 – 4 tbsp Oil to cook
- Salt per taste
Tried my recipe? Do tag me and follow me on Instagram & Facebook
Save my Recipe for Later:
- In a large pan, boil water and add some salt and few drops of oil. Once water boils reduce flame and add the noodles. Boil for 2 – 3 minutes till noodles are done and drain off the water.
- Take a non stick wok, add oil. Once hot, add onions and spring onion whites and saute for two minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger or ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Now add chicken and onion garlic powder and allow it to cook till chicken is cooked.
- Now add all vegetables, green chillies, soya sauce, salt and pepper and give it a quick mix.
- Once all vegetables are mixed, add the boiled noodles and give it a good toss.
- Add the spring onion greens and your yummy chicken noodles are ready to serve hot.
- It is advisable to use a wide wok or a wide pan while preparing chinese dishes. It helps in better stirring and cooks evenly.
- Adding oil while boiling noodles helps noodles to stay separate.
- Cook the dish on a medium high flame.
- I leave the veggies a little crunchy..
- You can add little of all three red, yellow and green capsicum.
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST