Table of Contents
How to make an easy Chicken and Spinach Fried Rice?
Indo Chinese cuisine is one such that we all enjoy and relish. The aroma of garlic, ginger and all seasonings and sauces itself make us super hungry. Chicken fried rice is one comfort food in Indo Chinese Cuisine that can be served with a gravy dish or a starter.
Chicken and Spinach Fried Rice the name says it all…. Chicken cooked in butter with veggies stir fried in chicken juices with simple seasonings. You can use left over rice like I have done or you could also boil some rice if you plan on preparing fried rice. Cooking chicken and then cooking fried rice in the same pan adds to and enhances the flavor of the entire dish. Using a wider wok while chinese cooking is always preferable as it makes tossing and mixing easier and cooks evenly. A simple easy and quick recipe with delicious flavor of chicken, spinach and veggies cooked in red chilli paste mixed with rice.
Chicken and Spinach Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 cup boiled rice
- 2 pieces of chicken breast cut in small pieces
- 1 cup spring onion shallots
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 4 – 5 baby corn sliced round
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum
- 1 cup finely sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup baby spinach or chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onion greens
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic chilli paste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp red chilli garlic paste
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- In a pan or wok, add butter and boneless chicken. Cook chicken on high flame till done.
- Remove in a plate and keep all the juices in the pan.
- In the same pan, add oil and fry shallots for few seconds.
- Add cauliflower and ginger garlic chilli paste. Fry for few minutes.
- To this, add baby corn, carrots and capsicum.
- Add black pepper powder, red chilli garlic paste and ketchup.
- Add mushrooms and saute till cooked.
- Add cooked chicken and mix everything till well combined.
- Add boiled rice, spinach, parsley and spring onion greens and mix well together.
- Cook on medium flame for till done.
- Chicken and Spinach Fried Rice is ready. Garnish and serve hot.
- You can add chopped spinach instead of baby spinach.
- I have added leftover boiled rice. I did not add salt as rice and red chilli paste has enough salt.
- Adding parsley is optional.
- For veg fried rice, you can add paneer.
Refer below for my step wise video on making Chicken and Spinach Fried Rice
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST
Subscribe for more posts like this