What is No Bake – Mango Lotus Tart?
It’s Mango season!!!! And this tart has been on my to do list ever since. Something delicious, something creamy with a crunchy crust. The crust is prepared with my favourite Lotus biscuits that tastes so so good. These lotus biscoffs can be perfectly paired with tea or coffee, however I prefer using these in my desserts. They add an amazing cinnamon flavor and crunch to this dessert and I believed pairing lotus biscoffs with mangoes is going to be an amazing combination.
If you’re a lotus fan, this is surely a treat for you. Falling short on ingredients during these lock down days, I prepared creamy mango pudding using some cream cheese and thick cream to be filled to my Lotus Tart as I did not have whipped cream stocked up. Also, you can use any biscuits of your choice, I love lotus for my desserts hence i prefer lotus over any other biscuits.The best part about this dessert is that it’s a No Bake – Mango Lotus Tart so you need no Oven!!!
- 10 – 12 Lotus biscoffs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp lotus spread (optional)
For Mango Filling:
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cup thick cream
- 1 cube of cream cheese or 1 tbsp cream cheese (adding some more is optional)
- 1/2 cup milk maid/condensed milk
- 2 tsp milk powder
- Sugar as required (optional)
- In a blender, crush lotus biscuits to form crumbs and remove them in a bowl. They need not be absolutely fine.
- Mix together brown sugar and melted butter and add this mixture to the lotus crumbs.
- Mix well.
- Add lotus spread to this mixture and mix till its incorporated well.
- Remove in a tart mould and with the back of a spoon or using fingers, spread it evenly from centre to the sides.
- Freeze this for approximately thirty minutes. You may also refrigerate this for forty five minutes to an hour.
For the Mango Filling:
- In a blender, blend together all ingredients (except milk powder) mentioned for mango filling.
- Add milk powder for the second small whiz till blended well.
- Pour this mixture on the tart and garnish with chopped mango pieces, lotus spread or as desired.
- Freeze for good two hours or refrigerate for five to six hours.
- No Bake – Mango Lotus Tart is ready!!!! Garnish with some more lotus crumbs and enjoy!!!
I have not used whipped cream in this recipe and replaced with thick cream which was available.
If you wish you can use a hand whisk to whisk all ingredients for mango filling making sure you add mango puree to it.
I added 1 tsp sugar to this filling while blending
You can use any biscuits of your choice, I love lotus for my desserts hence i prefer lotus over any other biscuits.
I had some filling left, so we just ate it as pudding.
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST