Sesame Mushroom Toast – We love open sandwiches at home and sesame toast is one such I’ve been snacking on since my childhood days. So one day while preparing potato toast sandwich which is also commonly called aloo toasty which is a popular street food in India, we decided to make it this aloo toasty like an open sandwich. So coming up with a quick fix, my mum decided to secure the potatoes with a slurry and top with with some sesame. Maida secures the potato mix and sesame adds to a nice crunch and flavor in every bite.
This is a perfect snack for kids specially if you add cheese to this and serve them… they are going to enjoy it!! The filling for this is made of potato mash adding veggies of choice. I have gone ahead and added chopped mushrooms and parsley to the filling. If you wish, feel free to add cheese to your toast. Its a super easy to prepare snack and a quick fix for your hunger pangs. You can prepare this for breakfast or enjoy this as a tea time snack.
Table of Contents
Sesame Mushroom Toast Recipe
- 4 slice of bread (white/brown)
- 2 mashed potatoes
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley or coriander
- 1 tsp cajun spice
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 chopped green chilli (optional)
- Sesame seeds as required to top it up
- Salt as desired
- Butter as desired
- 2 tbsp maida/all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp water or as required
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, add potatoes and mash them well.
- Mix all ingredients for slurry in a bowl and make a lump free slurry.
- Add all the spices, mushrooms and parsley and mix everything well.
- Butter your bread slices. You can use the quantity of butter as you like.
- Add the potato mix on the bread slices and spread evenly.
- Add some butter to a pan and place the slice of bread.
- While the bread is getting toasted, pour the batter on the potato mix evenly covering the edges and sides.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds and flip to cook the slurry side.
- Flip again and grease some butter on the slurry and flip again for the second time.
- Cook till nice crisp and golden.
- Sesame Mushroom Toast is ready!! Garnish and serve hot with ketchup or any dip of your choice.
Sesame Mushroom Toast Video
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST